- Balloon crash kills tourists in Cappadocia, Turkey
- Oklahoma ravaged by deadly tornadoes
- Car bomb attacks kill dozens in Iraqi cities
- Kabul blast: Suicide bomber targets foreign convoy
- Rwanda building collapse: Six dead and dozens injured
- Deadly tornado strikes Texas town of Granbury
- Syria conflict: BBC shown 'signs of chemical attack'
- Wales weather: Minera mudslide clean-up begins
- New Orleans Mother's Day parade hit by shooting
- China coal mine blast in Sichuan province kills 27
Holmatro Power Wedge
New hand-operated Power Wedge from Holmatro
Creates initial gap for lifting or spreading equipment
At Interschutz 2010 Holmatro Rescue Equipment introduced the HPW 4624: a hand-operated Power Wedge. With an insertion height of only 6 mm it fits in extremely narrow cracks. Combining this feature with more than 25 tonnes capacity, this tool is ideal to create the initial gap required for positioning other lifting or spreading equipment such as lifting bags, spreaders and combi tools. The HPW 4624 has an integrated pump which makes it fully self-contained and therefore easy to carry to remote or difficult to reach locations. The foldable, rotatable handle allows for easy storage and operation in any position.
Holmatro’s hand-operated Power Wedge is very suitable for USAR type applications such as lifting collapsed structures after an earthquake or explosion. It is the first tool to use in a progressive lifting operation, where it may be followed by a high-pressure lifting bag creating space for a hydraulic lifting jack. The HPW 4624 can also be used for forcible entry applications such as opening roller shutters, elevator doors and other automatic doors.
Holmatro hand-operated, self-contained (with integrated pump) Power Wedge HPW 4624.
Please See video below
Visit our website www.holmatro.com/rescue for more product information.
- New Editorial Board Members
- Comment - CRJ Issue 8:4
- Korean tensions - an analysis
- A deeper look at the causes of incidents...
- 'Out of the Box' exercise by Christo Motz
- New Advisory Panel Member
- Vigilant and resilient society in Finland
- Crisis Response Journal (Volume 8, issue 2)
- From the frontline
- Survival First Aid Training in Estonia
Crisis Response Journal Partners
Below is a list of Crisis Response Journal’s Sponsoring Partners, leading specialists in the crisis, security and emergency response disciplines.