- Theresa May to 'address gaps' in anti-extremism powers
- Medical radioactive material truck 'stolen in Mexico'
- Yemen bomb-makers 'working on new devices'
- IAEA praises Japan's Fukushima clean-up operation
- Glasgow helicopter crash: Police appeal for Clutha tragedy video
- Iraq violence: Shootings and bombings leave 33 dead
- 60kg car bomb partially explodes in Belfast city centre
- Latvia president calls supermarket collapse 'murder'
- Typhoon Haiyan death toll rises over 5,000
- Deadly tornadoes hit US Midwest states
Colorado Springs under threat as 32,000 flee fire
More than 32,000 people were forced to flee their homes as a raging wildfire threatening the US city of Colorado Springs doubled in size overnight.
Traffic and smoke choked the streets as people hurried to evacuate the city and the nearby US Air Force Academy.
Dry, hot temperatures are expected to continue across much of the US this week, with little chance of rain forecast to dampen the blazes.
Governor John Hickenlooper said ''there is nothing firefighters can do, when you get this kind of weather".
See Video Report...........
Reproduced under licence from BBC News © 2012 BBC
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend:
- Within the Box exercise part I VRR-Oost
- Free download of Autumn 2013 issue
- Thoughts on the long-term effects of nuclear waste
- Public disorder: Different styles of policing
- New Editorial Board Members
- Comment - CRJ Issue 8:4
- Korean tensions - an analysis
- A deeper look at the causes of incidents...
- 'Out of the Box' exercise by Christo Motz
- New Advisory Panel Member
Crisis Response Journal Partners
Below is a list of Crisis Response Journal’s Sponsoring Partners, leading specialists in the crisis, security and emergency response disciplines.